Friday, January 20, 2012

My 12 week happiness project:

The book The Happiness Project revolves around the idea of taking a year to focus each month on a different aspect of happiness. If you haven’t read HP, I highly recommend it. Moving through one woman’s goal to focus for a year on different aspects of happiness, it is an excellent reminder that we often make our own happiness, and what gets measured gets managed.

I read HP last year for my book club, and was so geeked on the idea that immediately after reading it I created a GIANT excel spreadsheet with all of my 12 monthly projects, as well as 10-15 measurable actions to move me towards those goals. What I soon realized was that keeping track of that many actions each day, every day, and then adding the new months actions to the pile was getting a bit ridiculous, and I ended up scrapping the project. I tried to pick it up again a few weeks ago when we hit January, but quickly fell off with the same sense of being overwhelmed. Then I thought why not break it down into manageable, bloggable bits and pieces.

So with that, I present to you my new weekly series: 12 weeks of healing and happiness. I hope you will all chime in on your own efforts, their effects on your happiness, and how it affects those around you!

Stay tuned for week 1 of my happiness project: Physical Health

No comments:

Post a Comment